Our growth to date in the Upstate has been made possible by the generous support we have received from individuals, companies, foundations, faith-based organizations — and our hard-working volunteers. With this help, Augustine has already been able to provide over 6,000 hours of specialized tutoring to our area's most vulnerable.
Please consider helping the Augustine Project of the Upstate continue to grow. We would like to train more volunteer literacy tutors to help us reach more of the Upstate's young, disadvantaged, at-risk readers. A child's life is changed when he or she begins to acquire the literacy skills of reading, writing and spelling, and to feel confident in the classroom. There is still a strong need, and we do make a significant impact on their lives.
You can help in many ways — through a financial donation, becoming an Augustine tutor, volunteering in other ways, or just helping to spread the word about us to potential tutors, schools, and donors.
We are a not-for-profit, charitable, 501(c)3 organization. Donations to the Augustine Literacy Project of the Upstate are tax-deductible.
Your kind donation, no matter the size, is sincerely appreciated, and put to good use. Here are some examples of where your financial donation may go:
$1,000 will train and support one Augustine tutor through 60 lessons.
$600 covers the cost for training supplies (including copying), meals, snacks and drinks for one of the summer training sessions for 12 tutors, 2 instructors and 8 coaches.
$300 covers the cost of a tutor's training materials, for those who cannot afford that up-front cost.
$100 will provide one year's worth of decodable, specialized books for a student at that student's reading level.
$50 will fund the costs for a monthly Tutor Talk (materials, copying and snacks).
$25 will help add resources to the Tutor Library.
$15 buys a set of 3 Yes, I Can Read books by Deborah Watkins.
$5 will provide a child a book of his own.
Donations can be made online via PayPal using the Donate button at the top of the page or mailed to:
Augustine Literacy Project of the Upstate
2435 East North Street, Suite 1108-266
Greenville, SC 29615
ALP is also eligible for matching gifts from corporations, which might include your employer.
- Become an Augustine Tutor
- Become a Community Partner:
- Host an open Augustine Literacy Project Information Session for potential donors, recruiting volunteer tutors and more.
- Invite us to make a specific presentation at your organization about our work in the Upstate oriented towards those interested in becoming tutors.
- Provide space for us to train our tutors.
- Host a fundraising event or book drive.
- Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Help us with clerical tasks.
- Provide some volunteer expert advise in such areas as Marketing and Advertising, Grant Writing, and more.
If you have any questions, please contact our director, Ann Copeland, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864.680.1533.
Thank you to the following community partners for their support.
- Infinity Marketing — 2017 marketing presentation
- Thrivent Financial — 2017 books for students & training celebration luncheon
- Camperdown Academy — 2017 training site
- The Hultquist Firm — accounting and tax services
- Dabo's All In Team Foundation — 2017 training funds
- Miracle Hill Ministries — 2016 training site
- Camperdown Academy — 2016 printing costs
- Starbucks Coffee
- Usborne Books & More — 2016 & 2017 Book Drives
- Merovan Office Center — 2016 training site
- QuikTrip Charities — 2016 Grant
- The Fresh Market
- St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church — 2014 & 2015 training site
- Your Pie — 2014 Fundraiser
- Barnes & Noble — 2013 Book Drive
- Frazee Center — past training site
- Bethel Baptist Church — past training site
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church — office & library space
the Your Pie Crew
Thank you to the following individuals for their support in the last year:
Robert Coffey & Julia Kathleen Palmer
Wayne & Ann Copeland
Michael & Kathleen Cox
Roy & Siri Craft
Jaime & Susan Cruz
Domenic & Rene DiRamio
Doran & Donna Dunaway
Roger & Jacqueline Eaves
Timothy & Pamela Finigan
Eva & Manfred Gollent
Marion & Patricia Goodyear
Victor & Lynne Grout
Peter & Katherine Hens
Robert & Kay Ann Hrubala
Mary Anne Inglis
Graham & Paula Lawrence
Steven & Linda Milam
William & Louise Moore
Cynthia & Teddi Palis
John & Pat Riordan
Scott & Denise Ruby
Warren & Sandy Saul
Jim & Meg Schroder
Andrew & Elizabeth Seay
Jimmy & Tracie Segura
Susan & Maurice Tarr
Henry & Connie Van Dyke
Michael & Heather Weeks
Skip & Linda Wilson